PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Who we are
Mindwave Ventures is a privately owned company set up to develop digital products and services that have a positive impact on people. Bringing together design, technology and healthcare, our dedicated team works together to deliver impactful solutions.
To carry out our business, we may need to acquire and process some personal information from you. This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Mindwave Ventures collects personal information. Personal Information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. It applies to information we collect about people who engage with us through:
- people who contact us through our website
- visitors to our office
Our services and activities:
- people who contact Mindwave in a professional capacity to enquire about our services or engage us as a supplier
- people who take part in user research or user testing for our products
- people who contact us in relation to job opportunities, both speculatively and to apply to a specific job advertisement
- people who contact us with an enquiry or a complaint, or to ask for information we have about them (a subject access request)
- people who undertake tasks for Mindwave Ventures: staff, contractors, consultants, and volunteers (information about how we process their personal information can be found in the Internal Privacy Notice)
- If you use one of the services we have designed/built, your personal information is generally stored and processed by the organisation who commissioned Mindwave to carry out the work. Please see the specific privacy notice on the site you use.
- people who engage with Mindwave Ventures via our social media accounts, for example, Facebook or Twitter
Legal basis for processing your information
In order to collect, create or otherwise process your personal information for all these activities, Mindwave Ventures (as data controller) must have a legal basis for doing so under data protection legislation. In most cases, we hold and process your data under legitimate interest and/or for contractual or legal reasons. Depending on the circumstances, we may also process your personal information because you, or your legal representative, have given us your consent (which you can withdraw at any time). By giving us your consent you are agreeing to Mindwave Ventures processing your information in accordance with this privacy notice. We do not require your consent to process your personal information if:
- you have entered into a contract with us
- you have made this information publicly available yourself
- it is required by law
- it is necessary for legal cases
- it is necessary to protect someone in an emergency
- it is to the benefit of the public in general
- it is necessary for employment purposes
Circumstances under which we might process your information
Sharing your personal information outside Mindwave Ventures
Third parties will not have access to your personal information unless the law allows them to do so.
Use of data processors
Data processors are third parties who provide elements of our services for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
Sharing with third parties outside of a contract
We will only share your information if there is a legal basis in which to do so (like a court order).
Retention your personal information
We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, as described above or in another privacy notice provided to you, taking into account the requirements from the following:
- any laws or regulations that we are required to follow
- whether we are in a legal or other type of dispute with each other or any third party
- the type of information that we hold about you
- whether you are still signed up to our services
- retention in case of queries: we will retain it for a reasonable period in case of further queries from you
- retention in case of claims: we will retain it for the period in which you might legally bring claims against us (in the UK this means we will retain it for six years)
If you would like further information about our information retention practices, please contact us at [email protected].
Your rights over your personal information
Data protection legislation gives you various rights over your information. These may include (as relevant) the right to:
- Access information held about you: you must provide us with valid ID, and with enough information to enable us to identify your personal information. In certain circumstances, under data protection legislation, we may not be required to provide all the details of personal information held.
- Amend and rectify personal information that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes.
- Request restriction of information processing concerning you or to object to processing of your personal information.
- Request the erasure of your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to retain it.
- Data portability, including to obtain personal information in a commonly used, machine-readable format in certain circumstances, such as where our processing of it is based on a consent. This is to assist you if you wish to transfer your information to another organisation.
- Object to automated decision-making, including profiling (if any). Note. We do not carry out any automated decision-making of any kind.
- Withdraw your consent to any processing for which you have previously given that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.
- Please use the details in the contact us section below if you wish to exercise any rights. We endeavour to acknowledge requests within three working days and to supply the appropriate response and information promptly and within the relevant statutory timescale (usually one month).
Processing your personal information
We store and process all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations, primarily within the EU.
Keeping personal information secure
Mindwave Ventures takes the technical and organisational security of all the information it holds very seriously. All our staff receive training in how to handle personal data when they join us and have to take an annual refresher course. We protect your information using varying levels of encryption. We also make sure that any third parties with which we deal have an obligation to keep all personal information they process on our behalf secure.
We welcome comments or queries about this privacy notice and our information handling practices. If you wish to provide comments, update any of your preferences or exercise any of your rights please contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
4a Whitehorse Mews
37 Westminster Bridge Road
London, SE1 7QD.
We will respond to you within ten days of receiving your enquiry. For more information please contact our Data Protection Lead, Katy Edwards, at the above address.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues you can contact the Information Commissioner:
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113