Based: White City, London (First Month in Farringdon, London)
Hours: Full-time 35 hours per week
Dates: August 2017 - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Flexible for the right person
Mindwave Ventures create digital products and services that have a positive impact on people. The majority of our work focuses on healthcare.
The team are seeking a Junior Service Designer / User Researcher to work closely with our designers, users and clients to facilitate conversations and ensure the products we create are truly useful, usable and valuable.
Projects you will work across may include:
- A clinical assessment app for developing countries
- A personal health record platform for mental health services
- A software platform that facilitates discussions in hospital appointments
- A goal-setting app for employment services
You will work alongside a senior designer and collaborate with the team on all activities below.
- Designing activities to engage stakeholders and users
- Facilitating explorative conversations and workshops
- Synthesising insights and identifying user needs
- Understanding user goals and motivations, creating personas
- Translating these user needs into user stories for development
- Mapping out user journeys and service blueprints
- Conduct user research (in-depth interviews, designing surveys, collating and presenting results)
- Engage with clients, presenting work to date and insights
Your skills and experience:
- Confidence meeting people and facilitating workshops
- Curiosity - you’re a people-person with the desire to find out what makes people tick
- Ability to see ‘the bigger picture’ - interested in all components, systems and people that make up an experience
- Highly motivated, positive and proactive
- Good at asking ‘why’ – an advocate for an intuitive, inclusive and meaningful experiences
- A self-starter - happy to use your initiative to make good decisions
- Solid understanding of UX principles - quickly generating ideas for features based on user needs, mocking up quick wireframes
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Mindwave Ventures are making an impact in the world of health and wellbeing by creating products and services that truly meet the needs of our users.
We do this with good design. To us, good design is understanding what people need. It’s having assumptions, testing them and making changes based on what you learn. It’s taking people on a journey and showing them how technology can really have a positive impact.
We’re an incredibly passionate and energetic team consisting of user researchers, service designers, UX designers, UI designers, product owners, project managers and developers.
If you want to come and make a big change in a small place, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, please send us:
- CV - showing your key skills, interests and personality
- Short cover letter - why is working at Mindwave right for you?
- Portfolio - a small amount of projects that show your work in the field.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th July 2017.
Interviews will be 19-21 July 2017.
Please send CV, cover letter and portfolio to: email@example.com.